02 December 2014

November favourites

Can you believe it’s already December? Countdown until Christmas officially started yesterday, lists and plans for Christmas en New Year’s eve can be made.
It’s time for my second to last beauty favourites of the year. Below you can find a summary of the five things I’ve loved using the most throughout the month November.


 
 
  • I’m so glad that finally my Emma Hardie Amazing Face Moringa cleansing balm is back there where it belongs, on to my bathroom shelf. It took a while before it arrived but it has its place back in my evening skincare routine. The cleansing balm contains Moringa seed extract, Wild Sea Fennel and Vitamin E: Balance, purify and help to minimise the appearance of open pores. Orange, Neroli and Mandarin extracts: Rejuvenates and revitalises the skin. Jasmine, cedar wood and Rose: Helps to recondition dull, dry, dehydrated and mature skins. I apply the balm onto my face massaging it in circular motions. After adding a little bit of water it emulsifies into a cleansing milk. I use a damp muslin cloth to take off everything. My skin feels thoroughly cleansed after using this balm without making it feel stripped or dehydrated.
    • Now the cold weather certainly arrived here in Belgium the use of this Nuxe RĂªve de miel lip balm increased exponentially with it. It protects the lips with Honey, Plant Oils, Shea Butter and Grapefruit Essence. This lip balm is a mat formula that really hydrates the lips. I use this at morning and night time. It’s one of those rare lip balms that’s still there after a couple of hours. It comes in a nice glass container what makes it a lovely little extra gift this Christmas for a skincare lover.
    • Next I included the Chanel Rouge Allure gloss in 15, Sensible. I just love the look and feel of this lip gloss. It’s not too sticky but not too slippery neither that it disappears within a short time frame. This one has the right amount of colour pay off and quickly became my go to lip colour on a day to day base.
    • As a next favourite I wont to include the MAC eye shadows in Omega and Brule. My MAC pallet is one I reach for quite a lot, but this month I’ve used Omega and Brule especially. Lately I’ve liked the look of a simple eye and a bolder lip. To achieve this I use Brule all over the lid and omega trough the crease. To finish the eyes I like to add a couple of coats of mascara to open up the eyes.
    • Last but certainly not least I’ve included the Essie nail polish in Take It Outside (a punchy, fresh taupe). It’s one off their latest fall collection so it should be still available in store. It’s a creamy formula that applies evenly and opaque in two coats. I love the brush applicator on the Essie nail polishes. They are wide, but not too wide what makes it very easy to apply the polish. The colour of this one, is one of those looking good with everything colours.

    Photos taken by Yoeri Dierckx